Let’s Get Physical!
As summer approaches, there is one thing on almost everyone’s mind: getting healthy! We all want to get fit and be healthy, but we might not know where to start. Use these tips to start your journey into getting into shape!
- Meal Prep – Do you love home cooked meals but just don’t have time throughout the week? Try meal prepping on the weekend and make meals for the whole week. Eat This, Not That has some great ideas on how to start your meal prepping here!
- Smaller Portions – Along with meal prepping, eating smaller portions is a good way to eat healthier. Using smaller plates and bowls can help you cut back on overeating!
- Prepare Smoothies – Starting your day with breakfast can help you curve cravings throughout the day! Prepare them during your meal prep session, freeze, then take one out the night before! Check out 50 of Food Network’s smoothie recipes. Add protein powder or soy milk to get a kick of protein to start your morning!
- Snack Throughout the Day – Most of us are guilty of snacking through the day, but are we snacking on the right things? Active Beat tells us why you should snack through the day (just make sure it’s the right snacks!)
- Eat More Fruits & Vegetables – Many of us heard growing up, “be like Popeye, eat your spinach to grow up big and strong!” It is recommended you eat five servings of fruit and vegetables a day. If you’re thinking about that chocolate bar, swap it out for an apple or another fruit to satisfy that sweet craving.
- Find What You Like – Being active doesn’t just include running or lifting weights! Think about yoga, pilates, or even a sport you want to try.
- 30 Minutes a Day – All you need is just 30 minutes a day of exercising!
- Make a Playlist – Find music that makes the time pass. Use upbeat music to keep you pushing through your workout. Check out Spotify for Workout Mixes
- Set a Goal – Write down your goal and post it somewhere you can see it every day to keep you motivated! Whether it be losing 10 pounds or just getting healthier, you can achieve your goal!
- Involve Your Friends & Family – Having someone workout along with you is a great way to meet your goal! It helps you be held accountable for working out and it’s fun to have someone push you along!
What are some ways that you like to get healthy? Let us know in the comments below!
Did you know the Addison on Millenia has a fitness with cardio and weight machines, a free weight station, and a yoga and spin studio? Check it out if you haven’t!